Calling All Photographers
Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc.
Juried Photo Exhibition 2019”
“From the Heart Juried Photography Exhibition” is the sixth annual photography exhibition presented by the Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. and hosted by the Port St. Lucie Civic Center in Port St. Lucie, Florida. This three week long photography exhibition is a sponsored event and is being conducted in support of New Horizons of the Treasure Coast and Okeechobee, a 501c3 organization, whose mission is to deliver accessible behavioral and primary healthcare service for children, adults and families to achieve mental and physical wellness, thereby improving the quality of life in our community. For more information on New Horizons, go to www.nhtcinc.org.
All amateur and professional photographers may enter.
- Dec 31, 2018 – Feb 19, 2019 Online digital submissions
- Feb 28, 2019 Notifications of acceptance or non-acceptance via email
- Mar 29. 2019 Last day to receive approved shipments
- April 1, 2019 Turn-in of Juror approved photos at Port St. Lucie Civic Center 9:00am – 5:00pm
- April 4, 2019 Opening Reception & Awards ceremony at Port St. Lucie Civic Center 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- April 5th – April 25th, 2019 Exhibition open to public Monday thru Friday 8:30 am -4:15 pm
- April 26, 2019 Pickup photographs at Port St. Lucie Civic Center 9:00 am – 6:00pm
- 14 Cash Awards in 4 Categories, 1 Special Award, plus Best In Show, Totaling $2000.00
- Best In Show: $500.00
- 1st Place in Each Category: $200.00
- 2nd Place in Each Category: $100.00
- 3rd Place in Each Category: $50.00
- A number of Honorable Mention ribbons could also be awarded at the discretion of the judge.
**All Categories Subject to Digital Submission Guidelines
- Animals: This category includes all kinds of animals. They can be photographs of pets – dogs and puppies, cats and kittens, amphibian – as well as photos of wildlife, zoo life, farm/domesticated animals and even insects. The animal is to be the primary subject of the photograph.
- Flora/Landscape: Photographs in this category include landscapes, outdoor scenic, nature images, sunrise/sunsets, seascapes, farms and gardens – to name a few. The images showcase outdoor beauty.
- People: This category encompasses photographs of people in all walks of life – parenting and family, children, baby, couples and relationships, model/fashion, people engaged in outdoor activities, etc. The person(s) must be the primary subject of the photograph.
- Open: This category will include photos that do not fit into any of the other categories. This category can be used for unrestricted creative license, images drastically altered in software like Photoshop. The basic image must be photographic in origin, not a graphic design. Images can be of any subject matter and can be composed of any number of photographic images/layers, to include composites, HDR and stitched panoramas. This category also includes architectural subjects, cityscapes, urban scapes and still life.
Digital Submission Guidelines
- Each photographer may submit (via digital upload) up to five (5) photographs in each category to the jurying panel for review and scoring.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $20 (for TCPC, Inc. members in good standing through the duration of the show) and $25 (for non-members) will be charged for each uploaded photograph.
- Color, B&W or monotone images are acceptable.
- Nudes, pornographic or deemed inappropriate subject matter will not be accepted.
- If the photo contains a recognizable person, especially children, a model release must be made available, if requested upon sale.
- Each image entered may be submitted in only one category.
- Photographs previously submitted to “From the Heart Juried Photo Exhibition” are ineligible.
- All photographs must be for sale.
- All entries must be 100% photographic in origin and the entrant’s original conception and execution.
- You may use any post production editing software to improve/enhance the natural appearance of the image; i.e., levels, contrast, brightness, curves, tone, hue, dodge and burn, saturation, lightness, color balance, tint, etc.
- You may use filters or software tools to add texture, sharpen, soften, blur, de-speckle or remove noise from your image. The ending result must be subtle and believable.
- Non-photographic presets and actions, or any other post-production techniques that enhance the natural appearance of an image but do not add, remove or warp elements in an image are permitted. Does not apply to the Open category.
- Non-photographic graphic elements like text, patterns, digital frames and motifs are only allowed to be used in the Open category.
- You may not combine multiple images to make a final photograph, except in the Open category.
- All composites, montages, stitched panoramas, HDR, and images that contain manipulated elements must be entered in the Open category.
- Any entry which, in the eyes of the jurying panel, appears to be drastically altered (not believable) or contain “removed, added or manipulated elements” will be disqualified or moved to the Open category.
- There will be no exceptions for deadlines, specifications or rules.
- All decisions of the jurying panel and Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. are final.
How to Enter
Starting Dec. 31st 2018 you may upload your images to: https://www.onlinejuriedshows.com/ On their home page look for the Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. link “From the Heart”. Click on “Enter this Show” and follow the instructions or clicking this link
Be advised, you will need to sign up for a free account prior to uploading your images. All payments need to be made by the cut-off date/time to avoid deletion. Submission deadline is at Midnight PDT Feb. 19th 2019.
- Digital file criteria: JPEG format, sRGB color space, 1920 pixels on the long side (horiz. or vert.) at 72ppi – not to exceed 4MB. Use your own file naming structure.
A three person professional level jurying panel will review and score all entries and select the top images to be hung and eligible for awards. The final award selections will be made by a professional, independent judge, after the selected photographs are hung in the gallery.
Notifications of acceptance or rejection will be made via email Feb. 28, 2019.
Accepted Entry Print Criteria
- With exception to size, your final print must be an unmodified version of the juried digital submission.
- Images printed on the following substrates are acceptable: Any quality photo, metallic or fine art paper. Canvas, aluminum, wood and acrylic are also acceptable.
- Professional presentation is a must! Use industry accepted matting and framing techniques. It is understood that some nontraditional substrates, i.e., aluminum, wood, acrylic and gallery wrap canvas may be displayed without the addition of a finished frame assembly (mat, glass & frame). Non gallery wrap canvas work requires a finished frame.
- The minimum photo print size is 8” on the short side. Finished work must not exceed 32” in height or width, including the nominal frame size (glass/Plexiglas dimensions).
- All entries must be wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
- Please affix an identification label to the rear top left corner of the finished photograph. The visible label must include: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Title and Selling Price (your selling price cannot be changed after entry).
- Submitted work that does not meet the above requirements will not be accepted – no exceptions.
Your photograph(s) must be turned in on Monday April 1st 2019 between the hours of 9:00 am 5:00 pm at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place. Port St. Lucie, Fl. 34952. All images must remain on display for the duration of the show through April 25th 2019.
The Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. and the City of Port St. Lucie will exercise the best possible care in the handling of your submissions. But, neither the Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. nor the City of Port St. Lucie shall be responsible for loss or damage of your submission due to fire, theft, vandalism, or any other cause. Entries submitted constitute agreement to the conditions set forth in this prospectus.
If you live outside the Treasure Coast (Florida) area, shipping of accepted work is permissible. Shipping requirements are as follows: Photographers are responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses. Roundtrip shipping expenses must be prepaid. Any entries sent collect will not be accepted. All artwork must be packed in a reusable USPS. UPS or FEDEX approved container and all packing material must be sufficient for safe repacking and return (no plastic peanuts or shredded paper). Crates/boxes must be clearly and properly labeled for return shipment. Your shipment must arrive by Thursday Mar 29, 2019 at the following address:
Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc.
From the Heart Juried Photography Exhibition 2019
C/O Linda Nicol
210 SW East Ocean Blvd
Stuart, FL 34994
Artist maintains copyright with TCPC, Inc. limited use. The photographer grants the Treasure Coast Photography Center, Inc. permission to photograph the entries for archival purposes, publicity, website, or for promotional publications.
All accepted work must be for sale. A reminder, in your final price there is a 20% commission that will be retained on all photographs sold during the exhibit, by the City of Port St. Lucie, as a supplement for the use of the Civic Center. Please price your work accordingly.
Please forward any questions you might have to email@example.com or you can contact the From the Heart committee member, John Furlong, at 772-337-7629 or 772-521-4619.